Jan 20, 2020

Vintage Block Along, top finished

I added the border to my Vintage Block Along quilt, and it's huge!
It measures 90 l/2" X 108 1/2".
I'm going to get my friend to machine quilt it.
Even though my Bernina 750 QE has a wide throat, it would be very difficult to quilt.
Just getting the back to stretch and remain unwrinkled 
would be a huge feat!
Even with two tall people holding the quilt, 
it sags in the middle, lol!



I copied Lori and chose Granny Chic Embroidery blue 108" wide back for the back of the quilt.
I think this print is so precious, and was looking for an excuse
 to use it.
This clip just shows a shot of the fabric, there are so many cute embroidery motifs on it.


I'm going to bind my quilt with this farm girl vintage bandana.
I think it will look really nice from the back and the front.


This is the border fabric, Farm Girl Vintage Flower Cloud.


I'm so excited to get this quilt finished 
and on the bed in my guest bedroom!
Thanks for following me :)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! But you know I've never seen a Lori quilt I didn't love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found your blog. This quilt is gorgeous!! What a treasure. I love the soft old fashioned vibe from not only the fabrics chosen but the blocks and the placement. I’m 75 years old but I was immediately struck that I could see my Grandma Knowles making this quilt. Very successful quilt and I’m sure you will really enjoy your quilt a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete