Jul 22, 2019

Farmhouse Lane quilt, under construction


If you have been following along on my blog, you know that we are moving, a half mile down the street, twice!
We are moving in with our son and his family this week.
Our new home build will be finished the middle of September.
We moved to Arizona a year ago, I met my friend Nedra, 
and joined Farm Girl Chicks.
At our Farm Girl Chicks quilt group, we can only work on Lori Holt projects, that's the rule!
I began my work on Farmhouse Lane, the quilt pictured below.


Here's my stack of "welcome" blocks.
I seem to only be able to sew two of these per meeting.
Between sharing time, laughing and lunch, just two blocks :)
Last meeting, I didn't go out for lunch and was able to sew four!


I have 14 blocks made, only 2 more to go.


Before I attended my first Farm Girl Chicks meeting, I cut all of my blocks out and labeled them, clipped them with a clover clip and tucked them into a ziplock bag.
Each clip holds a "welcome" block in one bag and the background squares with another clip in the other bag.
I have two left and plan to finish them tomorrow at my meeting, 
on my birthday :)


Each of these ziplock bags represents a farmhouse.
I've made 5 and have 4 to go.
Unfortunately, the other farmhouses are packed...


Lots of people ask me how long it takes to sew a quilt.
I've never calculated, but I know it takes hundreds of hours!
According to my calculations, if you sew two blocks every two weeks, it will take a year and a half to finish this quilt.
Have a great week :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Cynthia :)!!! No worries with the quilt - it is the journey - and will always remind you of fun times, and when you built your own house. Love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a Lori Holt sewing group. Good luck on your moves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Beautiful colors in your blocks.

    ReplyDelete