Dec 5, 2014

Have yourself a Quilty little Christmas, Quilty Fun!!!

I finished my quilt top and I love it!!!
It's Lori Holt's #haveyourselfaquiltylittlechristmas quilt along, which she posted on Instagram, tutorials and all and it's free!
You have to buy her book "Quilty Fun" to have the complete cutting instructions for some of the blocks, but that book is worth every penny and more!
You can also find it at Joann's, use a coupon, and save lots of money :)


I made the pieced four patch border and there was lots and lots and lots of cutting involved.
These bright colors make me so happy!


Here's the border assembly line.
Let me just say that it's time consuming but well worth it, for a cute scrappy look.


Ta da!!!
My finished quilt top is really Christmasy and colorful :)


Lori also created Mr. Snowman who will be sewn onto the back as a quilt label.
He's so cute that Lori is making a mini quilt, using nine little Mr. Snowmen and Snow women.
I really want to make one, but it's time to finish my Christmas preparations.
I hope you've enjoyed seeing the progress of my quilt, I'll show you the quilted version in a month or two.



post signature


4 comments:

  1. Of course you love it, me too!
    It is adorable, great job.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just LOVE your Snowman - I think I made my arms too high :)! Yes, the border takes longer, but it is fun putting it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness - this turned out so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little quilt is sooo pretty...can't stop studying it! My borders are half done and have been draped over the ironing board ...can't stop with the snowmen...lol!

    ReplyDelete