Feb 12, 2018

Sassy Squares quilt

About 8 years ago, I went through a difficult time.
My husband took a job in Florida, and that meant we would leave  3 married kids and 2 grandchildren, in Utah.
My youngest son and I stayed in Utah until he finished his first semester as a freshman at high school.
My son was going through growing pains at the time, and wasn't very good company to be with...
I would often go to my favorite quilt shop in West Jordan, called Pine Needles, and escape in the beauty of the shop and all their beautiful fabric.
I saw this quilt and it touched my heart!
The teddy bears, cherries, mushrooms, bees and more.


If I had just seen the pattern, I wouldn't have looked twice.
It was paired with an adorable fat quarter stack of Lecien fabrics, stacked and tied with a bow.


I'm just a sucker for these little prints!
It was the first time I had ever seen Lecien fabric, and I fell in love!


It was fun arranging all the squares until I got the perfect setting.


The top is finished, but not quilted.
I need to find a back for this quilt which may be tricky, because I'm on a self imposed fabric fast for the year.
I'm thinking of piecing some cute little Lecien prints that I have.


My fabric fast isn't a pure one though...
When I make a quilt and don't have a back that's perfect, or a border, I might just make a little purchase.
What's the point of making beautiful quilts if you only have fabrics that clash in your stash :)
That's my story and I'm sticking to it, lol!

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty quilt top - and your story touched my heart. Your last paragraphs are along the same wave length as mine. I really, really want to condense my fabrics this year first, but....:)! Looking forward to your finish on this one, Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete