Apr 24, 2017

Jacob's blessing outfit

post signature
Jacob turned one on April 8, and his family had a birthday party/blessing celebration for him.
As I have done for all the rest of my grandchildren, I made Jacob a blessing outfit.
I placed an order with Chadwick Heirlooms for some blue Imperial broadcloth, some silk satin ribbon, mother of pearl ribbon, and crocheted lace.


 The pattern is Simplicity 6221.
All sizes were included, but they were labeled newborn, small, medium and large.
There weren't any measurements included, just weight and height.
I asked my daughter to take measurements, and I decided to make the Large size.


I included a cute little label :)
I love the collar, and the pin tucks with ribbons and lace on the bodice.


I only use mother of pearl buttons on my heirloom clothing creations.


I really like the pleat detail at the waist, it's in the front also.


 The pin tuck cuff look was so easy to make!
I began hand sewing the little crochet lace along the cuff, but I ended up taking it out.


Here's little Jacob on his special day.
The outfit fit him perfectly!
I also chose Imperial broadcloth instead of Swiss Cotton because it's not sheer.
Sheer is fine for a baby, but I thought a toddler would look better in an opaque fabric.








Jacob sure is a cute little guy, and he let me pose him as much as I wanted :) 

1 comment:

  1. You do such beautiful work - this little outfit is so special. Jacob looks adorable in it. He is such a cute model :)! Happy belated birthday, Jacob!

    ReplyDelete