Jan 16, 2013

Centered on the Couch

My daughter Vanessa is studying interior design.
She has a blog starkgolddesign where she posts interesting design ideas and applications.
I have a red leather couch in my living room and Vanessa designed a living space around my couch.  
This is what she said:

My Mom just bought a red couch from RC Willey and so I thought I would design a living room for her. The couch and chairs are all from RC Willey. I really thought the silver and graphite shades of grey looked great with her vivid red couch. The coffee and side tables were all from the same store that I found online and really look great with the seating pieces. It adds some softness to the bold pieces of furniture. Most of the decor I looked to Anthropology. The floor and table lamp I found there but the main chandelier I got at Ylighting from the Jonathan Adler Collection. The drapes I saw at Anthropology and thought it would be a perfect fit for the room and then saw the throw pillows which really tied the grey and red together and brought in another great accent color. The walls will be painted the bright teal color and with the grey trimming the bottom half. The wood wallpaper will be for an accent wall(wall with the two windows). I just love how this room really all ties together for a great contemporary ecclectic look.



I love everything about this room!
She needs to build up her portfolio so if you are interested, she will design for you free of charge.
Let me know or contact her through her blog :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment