Mar 26, 2023

Balderdash quilt

 I went on a quilt retreat over a month ago.  It was in Arizona, in the mountains of Payson. The night before we arrived, there had been a big snowfall.  Months before I had a dream that I was on a quilt retreat  where it was warm and cozy in the house with big picture windows, looking out onto a beautiful snowy scene. My dream came true and I felt like I was in a Hallmark movie with good friends and good food!


Before the retreat, I had all the fabric cut for Emma Jean Jansen's quilt pattern, Balderdash. I used a lot of my favorite Cotton and Steel, and Ruby Star Society fabrics. The most difficult thing about assembling the quilt, was making sure the half square triangles surrounding the crosses were facing the right way and that the directional fabric was going the right way too.  I only had a couple that didn't work out.  I hogged the whole design wall!


I love my new Balderdash quilt!  It's a great memory of my quilt retreat too.  Now I need to get it quilted!






1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful Eye-Spy quilt for adults! Love looking at all the different prints in there. The typewriter print, I think, is my favorite :)! Beautiful pattern for these fabrics!

    ReplyDelete