Oct 24, 2022

Cabin Chills quilt

 There are a few quilts that I'm working on, but I finally have a finish!

I made J. Wecker Frisch's Cabin Chills in her Old Made line from Riley Blake.  Instead of the white background, I chose a gray from Fig Tree fabrics.  I wanted mine to look a little spookier.


I bought the kit from Pine Needles in West Jordan, Utah, after Halloween last year. My goal was to make it for this Halloween.  I even machine quilted it with spider webs and spiders.  


I used a variegated thread, Aurifil 4670.  It looks equally good on the white and black fabrics and doesn't show up too much on the background fabric.


The fabric is all sewing related.  Do you notice that the fabric for the roofs is snaps?



Each character has a sewing name, like Mrs. Sharp, the needle keeper.


Old Made instead of Old Maid :)


In my opinion, the lady below is the ugliest 😂



The backing fabric is called Midnight Magic 2 by April Rosenthal of Prairie Grass patterns for Moda. 
The selvage says "The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper." - Yeates


I'm going away for the weekend and am taking this quilt with me to keep me warm during the crisp Halloween nights.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute, Cynthia! You did a beautiful job of each house and the fussy-cutting. Enjoy your weekend away!

    ReplyDelete