Aug 10, 2020

Awesome Ocean progress

I'm back to making sea creatures for my "Awesome Ocean" quilt by Elizabeth Hartman.  I just love her animal quilts! Elizabeth always names her animal patterns too.

Below is Octavian Octopus.

I had a fat eighth bundle of "Reef" by Elizabeth Hartman, from a Sew Sampler box.  I looked on Etsy for some more fat quarters, but there was hardly anything left.  I had another fat eighth bundle of "Blueberry Park" by Karen Lewis, also from a Sew Sampler box.  Then I just went through my stash and looked for colors that ranged in the tones that I thought blended well with everything.

The purple octopus reminds me of Ursula, the wicked queen from the Disney movie, "The Little Mermaid".  The Rick Rack octopus is pretty cool too!
These are my Kelp blocks.  I hope that these colors and those of the all the fish give an hombre effect in my quilt.  That's what I'm going for :)

Next, I'm going to make "Salty Seahorse".  I'm pretty excited about him, it will be fun choosing the colors and prints.

Thanks for following :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Elizabeth's pattern too. Looking forward to watching your progress with these fun blocks!

    ReplyDelete