Oct 14, 2019

Eagle Scout quilt

My grandson has earned his Eagle Scout, 
the highest award a Boy Scout can receive.
I saw the cutest Boy Scout fabric by Riley Blake a few years ago.
It's called Modern Scouting.
I bought it, knowing that I would make Bridger a quilt.
This quilt is for Christmas, but he doesn't look at my blog so it's ok!
The center fleur de lis square is a printed panel, 
I decided to design the quilt around it.
There are two merit badge panels and four ranks 
that were included in the panel.
All of the letters and the blocks come from Lori Holt's books :)
All the blocks are symbolic, let me explain.


This block is for encouragement.
I chose uplifting quotes, Bridger is my sunshine!


This is Old Glory, the Boy Scouts are very patriotic.
(Excuse the random threads)


The typewriter symbolizes college.


The globe symbolizes Bridger's two year church mission.
Where in the world will he go?


The car symbolizes Bridger getting his driver's license.
He'll be getting his driver's permit in 6 months!!!
Also, this neon green is one of his favorite colors.


The camera symbolizes taking a snapshot of your life...
it's beside KNOWLEDGE.


I love sawtooth stars and had to throw some in.


The mason jar with the blooming flower represents Bridger's 
3 younger sisters.
He's a very patient young man 
and has withstood many "girly" things. 
I guess it also represents patience :)


The beehive represents the state that Bridger was born and raised.
Utah is the beehive state.


You can't have a beehive without a bee!


Love at home :)
I snuck a little panda bear on the sidewalk, 
Bridger knows that his sister Charlotte loves pandas!


Another Old Glory, and that's a wrap!
I'm going to purchase some green or blue minky for the back.
I don't know if I'm going to machine quilt it myself, it's big and it will be a bear!
I'll show you the quilt when it's all quilted.


Thanks for stopping by :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Cynthia - what a treasure! Love how each block is done with such detailed thought to it. Bridger can't help but love it! So special!

    ReplyDelete