Nov 16, 2015

Cozy Season Mini


I think this is such a cute little mini quilt!
Lori Holt designed it and you can find the tutorial here.
This is the one I made, it's for a special friend for Christmas :)
Shhhhh......don't tell her!


I love this calendar, it's full of beautiful photos of Lori's quilts.
There is also the pattern for the quilt on the cover, and of course the cozy cottage too.
My dear friend sent it to me, she is very thoughtful :)


Three little posies, all in a row...
There is happiness in choosing scrappy :)


All the fabrics in this cozy cottage (except for the background) are Lori's because I know my friend loves Lori's creations as much as I do!



Eight flying geese high up in the sky, in my favorite aqua colors.


When choosing scrappy, I try to vary the colors and choose contrasting prints.
They have a fall theme, but the tree could also represent all the seasons.


Quilting minis is very liberating, they're so easy to work with.
I always love the look of matchstick quilting, straight lines different widths apart.


I backed the mini in "Sew Cherry", one of my favorite fabric lines of all time!


I can hardly wait to see my friend's reaction when she finds out this is for her :)
Don't tell her!!!


post signature






1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful little quilt Cynthia. You have done an amazing job. Your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete