Oct 5, 2015

Farm Girl Vintage - Quilty Barns

My Quilty Barn quilt is quilted!
I just need to bind it, but my Bernina is in for repair and I don't really want to attach the binding without my awesome walking foot.
Lori Holt from Bee in my Bonnet had a free Quilty Barn Along, about 2 years ago, on her blog.
Now you can find the barn pattern in her new book, 
Farm Girl Vintage.


I just love my quilt, it's so colorful and happy.
I finished it 2 years ago, and it has hanging on the railing in my sewing room all this time!


I remember sewing all the blocks, and the sashing pieces remind me of all the sewing projects I made for loved ones.


I love Tasha Noel's fabric, the little country girl hanging up her socks, and some of Lori Holt's fabric, a quilt  I made for my granddaughter Reagan, when she was born :)
Memories...


The Be Happy fabric I used for the barn door is from Sweetwater.


Some more of Tasha Noel's fabric on the roof, and I used the butterfly fabric at the bottom, to make a Smartie Girl Book Bag for one of my daughters.


I absolutely adore the back, it's a Heather Ross print.
I thought the busy little bees and the clover went along well with the barn theme.


There is no way that I can gift this quilt, there are too many memories in it for me, and I spent about a year making it, not including the 2 years it hung on my railing, lol!
Thanks for stopping by and letting me share :)

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Love your Barn Quilt! Beautiful!! Mine too is a 'walk down memory lane'. My son loves it for his Sunday afternoon naps :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is so beautiful Cynthia. I love a quilt with a lovely story behind it, the colours and fabrics are just perfect. Now you can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Cynthia! Such a keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand why you would keep this quilt! It is beautiful and holds so many memories for you! Sometimes quilts just take their own time to get finished, just part of this great hobby of quilting!

    ReplyDelete