Aug 25, 2014

Sweet and Simple Table Runner


Welcome to my Scrappy Summer Sew Along!
It is being hosted by Lori Holt at Bee in my Bonnet.
I posted about making this table runner here, in July.
The part finally arrived for my sewing machine and I'm able to use it again!
I quilted the table runner with my walking foot and added a scrappy binding.


I save all of my leftover bindings, they are perfect for a scrappy look.


Voila, it's finished, I'll be mailing it to my daughter in law tomorrow.
I'm going to ask her to take a photo of what it looks like on her table so I can share it with you.


I backed the table runner with a "happy" fabric to make it reversible.


The weather is so warm and sunny, I had to take an outdoor shot.


The table runner is fluttering gently in the soft, Delta breeze.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful backing to complement the front of your table runner. Yes, I too do more and more scrappy bindings. I love how it looks. What a lovely gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scrappyness of yours! Great borders!

    ReplyDelete