Aug 13, 2014

Needle book with tutorial link


I made this little needle book for my friend for her birthday :)
I really think it's the cutest one I've made!
The little red car with 2 little faces in the windows, and I backed it with a piece of linen and hand stitched around it.
Have you ever shopped at Anthropologie?
It's one of my favorite stores!
I save the ribbon handles from the shopping bags and I used one to trim the bottom of the cover.
I stitched on 3 little mother of pearl buttons and used an unusual diamond shape, antique button for the closure.


Inside the book are 2 pages of felt.
I added many different little adornments and scalloped the edges of the felt for more detail.


The back of the book is made of 12 little 1" squares and I hand stitched them all.
See the hen in one of them?


The inside lining is little dogs, a 30's print.
I know my friend loves dogs :)
If you would like to see the other needle books I've made from this tutorial, you can see them here, here, here, and here.

 You can find a link to the tutorial for this cute little needle book, here on my Pinterest board named "random tutorials".

post signature

2 comments:

  1. What a cute and pretty Needle Book. Love the 'faces' peeking out of the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweet little needle book for your friend is a gift from the heart and is truly made more special when made by hand. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete