Mar 19, 2018

Quilty Fun Birthday Cake banner

My youngest grandson is Jacob, he will be 2 years old on April 8, and this quilty fun birthday cake banner is for him!
Then I'll be all caught up with my banners :)


I wasn't able to use my "M" and "N" pieces, because I cut them a l/2" shorter than they should have been!
I like the look of this cake though.


I used Lori Holt's fabric with dessert recipes, for the border.


I quilted with a stipple stitch, but tried something different with the cake and cake stand and bow.
In the past, I have used my walking foot and outlined the pieces, using stitch in the ditch method.
This time, I used my free motion foot and just traced around the pieces.
I think I prefer the look using the walking foot.


I pieced the back, using a cute fairy tale fabric.
Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of it!


I outlined each letter with the free motion foot too.
I'm not crazy that some of the stitching runs into the letters.
I used a machine blanket stitch to attach the letters.
I have a tutorial with measurements for the banner that you can view here.


Thanks for reading my posts!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute Cynthia! I so admire your stippling. For some reason I can't visualize it when quilting, and then get lost in trying to make a pattern, and don't know where I am anymore - frustrating :)! Little Jacob will love this!

    ReplyDelete