Oct 30, 2017

Flower Power Throw quilt

I made this quilt for a baby gift, but I loved it so much, I just couldn't part with it!
I used "Gracie Girl" fabric by Lori Holt.
I've been hoarding it and thought that this was the perfect pattern to show off all the pretty prints.


The original quilt had 20 squares, I cut mine down to 12, for a baby size, 42" X 56".
The blocks are 14", and each one uses a fat quarter.


I bought some pretty, soft pink minky to back it with.


Are you familiar with the Britsh quilt magazine "Love Patchwork and Quilting"?  
Each issue comes with a freebie, which is a bonus!
This book came with Issue #10.


It really is a perfect pattern to show off big prints!
The original quilt measures 56" X 70".
Jeni Baker is one of my favorites :)


1 comment:

  1. You did this so beautifully!! Gracie Girl is another fabric line that I wish would be repeated. Love how this pattern really makes it shine!

    ReplyDelete