Feb 6, 2017

Quilts for Quebec

post signature
I grew up in St. Lambert, a city just south of Montreal, along the St. Lawrence river.  
When I heard about the senseless shootings at a Muslim Mosque in Quebec City, I was very sad.
I saw that the Montreal Modern Quilt Guild was asking for help for families of the victims.
They were requesting house blocks to make quilts, the dimensions should be 12 l/2" unfinished.
If you are able to help, here is some information.
I  made some blocks from Lori Holt's book, Vintage Farm Girl.


I went to my scrap baskets and chose some happy fabric.





I would have liked to have made more, but with limited time, I was able to make four.
I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the finished quilts.
I know that warm, homemade quilts can offer lots of comfort.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Cynthia! You made such special house blocks! I'm glad that comfort quilts are being made - a small thing, but oh so special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are so sweet! Your house blocks are bright and cheery, and will bring such comfort.

    ReplyDelete