Feb 20, 2017

Fancy Fox quilted!

post signature
Can I just say that I love this quilt pattern by Elizabeth Hartman?


I tried to create an hombre look in this quilt.


I used my favorite matryoshka fabric, just a hint of me :)
What am I saying, the whole quilt is me!!!


I quilted this with a woodgrain design which I love so much!
It's not difficult to do, but is very time consuming.


I practiced on a piece of paper first, so I could get the idea of how my hands would guide the fabric with the free motion quilting foot.


Here is a video on my Pinterest board, that really helped me with this woodgrain method of machine quilting.


To make this quilt even more desirable, I backed it with the softest, silkiest minky!
The color is called "cherry".


I made this quilt for my grand daughter Taylor, for her first birthday 


I took this quilt with me to Monterrey and Santa Cruz last weekend, in hopes of photographing it by the ocean.
Unfortunately, this is the best I could do.
It could be anywhere, lol!


This one's in my backyard, thanks Ricky!


What's a snuggly quilt without a pillow to match?
I thought Taylor might like the little foxes to match the quilt.
In reality, these are wolves from Aneela Hoey's line, "A Walk in the Woods".  
They really look like foxes to me :)


I used some of the fabrics that I used in the quilt.


I don't know if you remember, but I made a blue quilt like this a year ago, which you can find here.
What have I learned from making these two quilts for my grandchildren?
I love the pattern, and want to make a full size one.
I also love all the cute animal quilt patterns that Elizabeth Hartman designs :)
I love my fabric stash, I only had to purchase the minky backing and the binding.
The binding? Yes, I just couldn't find anything in my stash that made me happy.
I have enough fabric in my stash to make about 1,000 more quilts!!
Thank you to all my faithful readers, I love hearing from you!

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous - your quilting on it is so extra special! Love the little added pillow!

    ReplyDelete