Jan 4, 2016

Quilty Fun Birthday Cakes and more!

It's Kylie's birthday today, she's 3 years old! 
 I made her a Quilty Fun Birthday cake, the pattern is free at the
Fat Quarter shop's blog, the Jolly Jabber.
Kylie loves little cutie mandarin oranges, she can eat 5 or more at one sitting :)
I made her this cake banner for her birthday.
I also wrote a tutorial for appliquéing the letters and adding a border, you can see it here.


This is the back of Kylie's banner.


This is cute little Kylie today, on her birthday :)
She looks very grown up!


I made a mosaic of all the quilty fun birthday cakes I've made :)
I made one for each grandchild, Lindsay is my daughter, and "Celebrate" was created for Jordan and Kim, my son and daughter in law. 
(Kim reads my blog)!!! Thank you!
The idea is that each child will display their birthday banner for their birthday week (or month...), every year.
If you want to see the banners close up, you can just search my blog for "quilty fun birthday cakes", I've posted about them a lot!
The ones without names, I made into a beautiful table runner.
It's really long!


I have an update for a quilt I made for Christmas for my daughter, Vanessa.
You can see the finished quilt here.
As an update, here's Vanessa and one of her little dogs Walter, with her quilt.
Sometimes it's fun to see who the quilt that I've spent so much time on, goes to!


I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my creations :)

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE seeing your creations! You always put so much thought and detail into each. Loved seeing all your birthday cakes together and who the lucky recipient of the 'bee block' quilt was! You did such a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do read your blog. I just imagine i can do all the amazing things you do. I love the oranges for kylies cake that is so cute and original. Thanks again for the quilt we love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your birthday banners! What a great idea! I'm sure your family loves them!

    ReplyDelete