Nov 23, 2015

Farm Girl Vintage, Silo Barn mini quilts


Have I told you how much I love this book?  LOL


I'm making some Christmas gifts for my quilty friends.
I know that this friend loves Hallowe'en!
I made her this Silo Barn with a Patchwork Pumpkin.
The birds on the silo look like crows, very sinister!


The barn window is all about a costume contest and Hallowe'en Carnival :)


I saw this skeleton fabric at a quilt shop recently but only bought a fat quarter, I should have bought more!
Don't you love the color?
It looks like a minty green but not quite, it's very different.
I machine quilted the mini with a straight matchstick design.


I backed the mini silo with the cutest purple (a rich Hallowe'en color) skeleton print, and bound it with a bright orange polka dot.
I hope my friend screeches with delight when she opens her gift!


I made another silo barn for another quilty friend, it's more modern.
I'm not sure what the block on the barn door is called, does anyone know?
I used linen for the background, I really like the look.


I stitched a running embroidery stitch around the barn, and used a wavy machine quilting stitch.


I backed the quilt in a cute bird design.
I think these birds represent happiness, especially when thinking about my friend :)

post signature


1 comment:

  1. Hi Cynthia. Such a cute post - you have been busy! Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete