Sep 27, 2015

Stacked Windmills quilt


I joined the virtual, or online Modern Bee quilting bee in 2014.  There were 12 of us in Hive 11, and we could choose whichever quilt we wanted to make, out of 13 quilts in the Modern Bee book by Lindsay Conner.
I chose the Stacked Windmills block.


I asked my hive members to choose pink for the center block, then yellow and gray for the rest of the blocks, and I wanted a text fabric for the background.  I think they turned out so cute, each one is so unique :)


The blocks are sewn with just 5" squares.


Now it's time to see the sashing, I chose a charcoal solid.




Yay, it's finished! Now I need to prepare the purple free spirit fabric I purchased for the back and machine quilt it. I took a Jackie Gehring class on Craftsy about machine quilting and want to use the skills I learned, on this quilt :)

1 comment:

  1. All of the blocks are beautiful! This will be a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete