Jul 5, 2015

Farm Girl Vintage QAL


I've been making a lot of gifts for family members who have birthdays coming up :)
I was able to squeeze in some Farm Girl Vintage sewing, even though my life has been pretty busy lately.
This is the Egg Basket Block.
I used all Lori Holt fabrics, except for the background.
I always used to "hoard" her fabric but now I'm starting to realize that I better use the fabric I love so much!


This is the Farm Flower Block, what a cute name!
I used all of Lori's fabrics again, except for the background.
My favorite part of quilting is choosing the fabric.
I find something really satisfying and rewarding about it.
Truthfully, these 6" blocks are difficult to sew.
These two aren't bad, but a lot of the blocks have such teeny weeny pieces!
I've decided to make the Farm Girl Sampler quilt, so I'm making all of the blocks in the book in a 6 l/2" size.
I'm only 3 blocks behind....


Here's my tractor block, it's 24 l/2" X 28 l/2"!
I still need to embroider the seat and the smoke.
I'm really not sure what I'm going to do with the tractor block, I don't think I want to make 266 4 l/2" pinwheels....
but then again, they are so pretty :)
Any suggestions?

post signature


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks. Especially love, love your tractor block - the tires definitely look like large tread tractor tires. It would look beautiful with pinwheels around as a border and as a wall hanging. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at In Between Stitches in Livermore yesterday. They had Lori Holt's tractor paired up with Thimbleblossoms' Cheerio blocks. It was very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cynthia, your blocks are beautiful. You could make your tractor block into a mini quilt and make just a few pin wheels or you could sew the tractor into your backing fabrics and make a reversible quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are so sweet! and I love your tractor!!! I enjoy seeing you versions of FGV blocks!

    ReplyDelete