Jul 20, 2015

Farm Girl Vintage QAL, weeks 11 and 12


Grandma's Quilt block was so much fun to make! 
I used fabric from Lori's "Aunt Millie's" line and fussy cut all the pieces. 
The outer corners are from "Vintage Happy".
Isn't it pretty?



I've been making Haystack blocks for a couple of years now.
I purchased my clear acrylic container at TJ Maxx, one of my favorite stores!
 I think it was meant to hold makeup.
 It's been perfect for my 2" blocks a
nd 11/2" strips. 
This method is called Leaders and Enders. 
When you're sewing a block, instead of cutting the thread each time you sew two pieces together, you just run two pieces of haystack block through your machine, then the block you're sewing, then the haystack block, etc.
 Not only does this allow you to sew two quilts at a time, but it also saves a lot of thread. 



I have enough Haystack blocks for the Scrappy Haystack Sampler quilt. 
Yay!!!


Here's my haystack block. 


I would love to have a kettle this color in my kitchen :)


Finally, the Kitchen Window block, the fastest one yet! 
Did you notice how I fussy cut the window panes out of "Modern Minis"? 
This was a very simple block to sew too.  
Did I mention that I plan on making the Farm Girl Sampler quilt with these 6" blocks. 
There are 45 of them.
 Do you have the Farm a Girl Vintage book yet?
 If you don't, I suggest you jump in the bandwagon and join all the fun :)


2 comments:

  1. You have been a busy girl this week with all your lovely blocks. Love that clear storage for your scraps - it is perfect for these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia! Your Grandmas Quilt Block is so cute! I love those haystack blocks. My kind of block for sure. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete