Sep 10, 2014

Quilty Update


Recently, I posted about some gifts that I made for special people :)
I made a "sweet and simple" table runner which was a part of Lori Holt's "Scrappy Summer Sew Along".
I made the table runner for my daughter in law, Mabulane.
She had recently bought a hall table and thought it needed color to perk it up, hence the table runner :)
She sent me a photo of her table runner in its new home.
I love the way she decorates!


One of my cute little 3 l/2 year old grand daughters has a cute little white dresser in her room.
It also looked kind of lonely and needed some color, specifically pink!!!
Here is the post of the table runner I made for Neo.
Here's the table runner's new home.


Then I made the Layer Cake Lemonade Quilt from Lori Holt's line of fabric, "Millie's Closet", for my mother in law who is undergoing chemotherapy treatments for lymphoma.
Glenda is so brave, and she is a survivor!!!
She survived breast cancer when she was in her early thirties, and was recently cancer free from lymphoma for over 5 years.  
 The lymphoma came back, but we are sure she can beat it because she has lots of faith and lots of determination!
My father in law sent me this photo on Monday, of Glenda at her third chemotherapy treatment, snuggling in the quilt I made her :)


It's the best feeling to know that my quilts have all gone to homes that appreciate them :) 
What more could a quilter ask for?
More fabric? Ha ha!!!
post signature


4 comments:

  1. Great feeling to see your quilt projects so loved. That's all we ask at the end of all the fun of making them - right? Will be thinking of your mother-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good to share your quilts with family members. My prayers are with your MIL as she goes through her treatments. I can see your quilt has already brought some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture speaks a thousand words. She is comforted by your quilt. My prayers with her - you are so generous with your quilty talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to see when our quilt gifts are appreciated. Best wishes on her treatment.

    ReplyDelete