Sep 15, 2014

Modern Instabee - September


I really love this book, it's well layed out and easy to follow.
The quilt patterns are divided into beginner, confident beginner and intermediate.
The blocks are easy and pretty quick which is great for a quilting bee.


This month, our hive member Kate, chose a block named "Bluebell's Cabin", and requested 2 blocks.
See the fabric strip with the bee and the honeycomb?
Kate sent everyone 2 strips of the honeycomb fabric.
To some she sent the blue and green combo and to others she sent a pink and purple combo.
We were to choose the rest of our fabrics to match those colors.
She also sent us all the center blocks, so I chose the background strips to match.



Here's my second block, each one is 12 l/2" unfinished. 


I also made a little signature block.


It's my turn next month, I can hardly wait!


Kate is using these blocks to make a quilt for her young daughter.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Love your color combination in these blocks. How do you get your fabric pen to not 'run' on your little label? I haven't had any luck even after buying different types.

    ReplyDelete