Sep 12, 2014

Mini Medallion - September


This Mini Medallion Quilt Along has been so much fun!
I look forward to it every month.
This is the fourth month, the third border, with 2 months left.
Chrissy Lux from Sew Lux Fabric has designed this mini medallion as a guest on the blog Clover and Violet.
Here are my 4 orange fabrics for the snowballs.


It took me a while to cut out all the pieces I needed.
96 - l l/2" squares from my text background fabric!


First step, add a gray border, easy!


Drew a diagonal line on all 96 squares, watched the movie "Sabrina", so it took me a little longer than it should have to draw all my lines :)


Sewed all the squares onto all 24 squares, by chain stitching.


Quite a thick stack, a lot of sewing :)


A great big pile of scraps, unfortunately they're too little to use.


Success!
My mini medallion, after the fourth month.
I wonder what Chrissy will design the next two months!
I have always wanted to make a quilt with text for the background.
I may have overdone it a little, but I still like the look :)

post signature

4 comments: