Sep 19, 2014

AYOS and A Little Bit More



I'm joining another online quilting group, I just couldn't resist!
I love Greg's blog @ grey dogwood studio, he always makes the most beautiful quilts and he's extremely talented.
The first time I heard about "Another Year of Schnibbles", was on his blog.
You can read about the rules at Sherri's blog, A Quilting Life.
Our mini quilt for the month of September is a "Little Bites" pattern called "Whit".
A "Little Bites" pattern is made from a mini charm pack, which usually includes 40 - 2 l/2" squares from a complete fabric line.
I cut 128 2 l/2" squares of background fabric, and a few other pieces as well.
My background fabric is Kona Stone.


Here they are, all 128 squares in a stack.


I used a charm pack of Moda 1974 by Urban Chicks for my flying geese, a change from my usual color scheme of bright fabrics.


Here is my pattern, surrounded by some flying geese under construction.
I'm going to make the top pattern, mainly because I'm pressed for time and it has 64 geese, the fewest of the three :)
The mini quilt will finish at 22" X 22".
I'm trimming geese while I visit my mom in Montreal.
I guess they will be authentic Canadian geese!!!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Cynthia for your kind words. I'm still working on getting my blocks pieced! I love your background choice. Have a great trip and don't worry about those geese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip! I love Greg's blog too. I also love the 1974 fabric from Urban Chicks. I made one quilt with their precuts and have lots of charm packs of it in my stash.

    ReplyDelete