Aug 8, 2014

Modern Instabee - August


It's time for me to make August's block.
Ellen has chosen the Triple Star, it seems to be the most popular block in our hive.


About 2 months ago, Ellen mailed all the hive members the little center block you see below with the bumble bee.
She said she wants to make her little daughter a quilt for her bed, and that we needed to use bright, happy colors to match the square.
These are the colors I chose :)


Here's the first block.


Here's the second one.


Here's the triple star.
Do you notice how I messed up? Aaaaaggghhhh!!!!
I thought very seriously about leaving it, but I just couldn't.


I had to take off the entire outer star, and re sew the half square triangles together.
How did it happen?
I tried chain piecing instead of laying the pieces out each time I sewed them to make sure they were in the right order.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh I can totally relate! Like a little verse in my Sewing Room Says: 'Keep your Sewing Machine Close......and your Seam Ripper Closer'. It was worth your effort though. The Block looks really pretty! Beautiful Colors.

    ReplyDelete