Aug 29, 2014

Layer Cake Lemonade Quilt


Layer Cake Lemonade Quilt is a free pattern from Fat Quarter Shop, you can find the link and info here.
Here's my finished quilt!


I used a really soft minky for the back, and found it at fabric.com.


I love the geometric pattern, and you can see my stipple quilting.


Outdoors is a great place to photograph my quilts, the light is great!
I only have the quilt top and the minky back, there is no batting.
This makes for a very supple quilt, and the minky still adds a lot of warmth.


I tried to be creative and lay on my back to take this photo.
Unfortunately, I found little bugs crawling on me afterwards!


I made my quilt from Lori Holt's Millie's Closet.
My mother in law is a vintage type of girl, so I think she'll really like it!


All rolled up and tied with a bow, ready to mail.


I had to show you this box, the words are so fun!!!

post signature




2 comments:

  1. Love your quilt! You sure know how to 'give' a gift too - right down to such a pretty box to send in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You already know how much I like that fabric, and you picked a cute box, too!

    ReplyDelete