Aug 20, 2014

Guitar strap with tutorial link


My son Sean recently traded in his trumpet for an electric guitar.
He had everything except for a guitar strap, so I told him I'd make him one.
I looked through all of my "girlie" fabrics in pinks, reds, oranges, etc, and found a few rather "masculine" looking pieces.
Sean chose this one.
I found a tutorial link and pinned it to my "random tutorials" board on Pinterest, you can find it here.
The tutorial is by "one shabby chick", and you can look at her blog here.


This guitar strap is so quick and easy to make.
Notice the nice hardware?
There is a link on the tutorial, where you can buy a guitar strap for about $5.00 and use the hardware that comes with it.
I prepared the strap and used my walking foot to stitch it together.


Once all the lines were sewn on the strap, I wove the strap through the buckle and zigzagged the end to the strap.
This step secures the strap and finishes the end.


There were 2 other pieces of hardware that I attached, it was really just that easy!


Isn't this the most handsome guitar strap you've ever seen?
Ha ha!  I hope you might have a need for a guitar strap someday soon and that  this tutorial will be useful to you :)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this!!!! That fabric is perfect for the guitar. I play too and I would love make a strap in Pam Kitty fabric I think! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. And, btw, the Red Velvet cake was out of this world!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great looking guitar strap! I keep thinking that I'm going to make a version of this for my camera, but you know I've been busy sewing quilty stuff instead!

    ReplyDelete