Aug 1, 2014

Fat Quarter Quilting: Reproduction Fabrics


The first fabrics I used when I began quilting about 10 years ago, were civil war reproduction fabrics.
I love the richness of the colors and the prints.


The name of this quilt is "Row Sampler" from the pattern Fat Quarter Quilting:  Reproduction Fabrics by Lori Smith.
Here is the link to her website and the pattern.


This pattern is 16" X 20" and is perfect for a table topper.
I hand quilted this mini quilt to make it look authentically old :)
It took some time but was definitely worth it!


I love a quilt with red binding,  and I used reproduction fabric for the backing too.


I wonder if people used to hand quilt outdoors during warm, sunny days when they had more light and the days were longer.


My little mini quilt is all rolled up, ready to gift :)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Love those fabrics! That mini quilt is going to make someone very happy! Great job - have a nice week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your little quilt is beautiful

    ReplyDelete