Aug 2, 2013

Paperdoll Quilt WIP


My daughter Lindsay and I took this class from Lori Holt, the "master" of applique, everything vintage and all things beautiful!
It is Lori's "Paperdoll" Quilt.
I think our class was 6 or 7 years ago!
Our family moved to Florida, and now we are in California.
I have been working on this gorgeous quilt off and on over the years.
The blocks are all complete, I just have to sew the sashing and the borders.


Sashing and borders doesn't sound too bad, does it?
Did I tell you what the sashing consists of???


That's right!!!
Lori told me to enjoy the journey, so I am :)


Square by square, I may be a little obsessive, but I match each and every color.


Sewing, sewing, sewing, pressing seams open, sewing some more, pressing more seams open, watching old Bette Davis movies, stopping to prepare dinner, sewing and pressing some more.


I'm making some progress :)
A bunch of rows are completed but there's so much more to sew and press.
Stay tuned, I will post my progress on this adorable paperdoll quilt every Friday until it's finished.
That's my promise to myself, and I'm sticking to it :)


4 comments:

  1. What a sweet quilt this is going to be! So much hard work, but the end result is always worth it. Keep working on the sashing and I look forward to next Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are amazing and your Paper Doll quilt is breathtaking... can't wait to see the sashing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow your blog everyday and have been waiting for this....can't wait to see the finished product! I see your yellow backing fabric - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodie goodie! I can't wait !! Will you have it quilted or will you tie it? With all the appliqué I didn't know...(and I got a tiny glimpse of your sewing room) :)

    ReplyDelete